BUILD'S Spark Skills
Through entrepreneurship, BUILD provides intentional instruction to develop 6 social and emotional skills that have been identified by research as essential for success in school and the workforce.
- Collaboration: To work in a team to achieve a common goal.
- Communication: To express and clarify ideas orally and in writing
- Grit: To demonstrate perseverance and passion for short and long term goals.
- Innovation: To think creatively and take positive risks to develop new ideas or improve on existing ideas.
- Problem Solving: To define and analyze problems; identify and execute solutions; and evaluate and improve based on experience.
- Self-Management: To act in their own best interest by regulating emotions and identifying their strengths, weaknesses and growth.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
The magic of BUILD and what we are doing in New York City would not be possible without your support. Here's how you can help us with your time, talent and treasure.